I’m Maya Ackerman. It’s nice to e-meet you! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. Here are some fun facts about me.
- I am a 29 year-old writer, researcher, singer, wife and mother.
- When I was 24, I married the love of my life, my husband David Loker. Last year, David and I went through a marital crisis and came dangerously close to divorce. After a lot of work, we fixed our marriage, and we’re now more in love than ever. While extremely difficult, this experience has taught me a lot about relationships and completely transformed how I see marriage.
- When I was 18, I was set on becoming a manager at a software company. This plan blew up in my face when I landed an internship at Sun Microsystems, and hated it (no fault of the company, just a very poor job choice for me). This forever changed how I view work and money. This experience sent me on a long journey, where I learned about who I am, discovered my passions, and ultimately turned passion into money more than once.
- I absolutely love to write. Please check out my books! If you have any questions about any of my books, or if you have an idea fom a new book you’d like to see on my site, please email me at maya[at]greatlivingnow[dot]com.
- I picked up singing at the age of 27 and learned to sing opera in one year. Three years later, I’m now a semi-professional singer. Feel free to check out my youtube channel.
- My writing has been featured on TheChangeBlog, PickTheBrain, Dumblittleman, ThinkSimpleNow, and MoneySavingMom, among others.
- I am a professional researcher with a PhD and over a dozen published academic articles.
- I am friendly, approachable, and I answer all of my emails. My email is maya[at]greatlivingnow[dot]com. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, or just to say “hi.”
Why Great Living Now?
I started this blog in May 2012 in order to connect with others, and share what I’ve learned so far on this journey called life. Great Living Now is first and foremost about passion. Our society is starved for passion. We are disconnected from ourselves, disconnected from each other, and this leads to a dry, boring life, devoid of passion.
Just think about it. We work at jobs that we have no passion for, wasting our days counting down the hours. We have come to equate work with money, completely ignoring how we feel about what we do.
After work, we come home to our partner, and if we’ve been together long enough, then it’s considered OK to have no passion left for each other. Not realizing that something is wrong, we allow our relationship to deteriorate. Small wonder that most marriages don’t make it.
Through my experience, and much study, I have learned that it is possible to have passion in all that you do. By connecting to our emotions, being honest with who we are, and finding the courage to ask for what we want, we can change how we live.
When you experience passion in your daily life – in your job and in your relationships – then you become powerfully alive. Living with passion brings happiness first and foremost to you. But it also enables you to bring happiness to others on a whole new level, and make a real difference to the world.
A life of passion is a great life, and I’d like to share with you how to get there.
Get started by reading some of our key articles:
- How To Repair A Relationship
- Work for Love: Start the Revolution!
- Emotional Mindfulness: Your Gateway To Happiness
- How To Succeed In Life
- 5 Reasons To Put Yourself First
Thanks again for dropping by, and happy reading!
Subscribe for free updates via email
Click “Subscribe” to receive free e-mail updates for my articles. As a gift, I will give you my complete Passion Toolkit, including
- 5 Myths Keeping You From Work You Love
- 8 Steps To Reignite The Spark In Your Relationship
- Hacking Happiness – How To Become Happier.
Please feel free to contact me at my contact page or by emailing maya[AT]greatlivingnow[DOT]com. I love hearing from my readers, so if you have a question, comment, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate! Also, let me add that do answer all of my emails.
If you found my articles helpful, please donate to help keep Great Living Now. If everyone who comes here would give just $1, I could run this website indefinitely. Thank you!